Sunday 17 January 2016

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer


A few weeks ago I did something radical. I went off piste, and bought a new concealer. For what feels like forever, I've used the oh-so-predictable Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer every single day, and it has never let me down. So when I had the urge to purchase a new concealer that I'd never tried before, it felt more than a little alien. 

I knew exactly which one I wanted, so got my butt over to my nearest MAC counter. I have to say, I've always had mixed experiences at MAC, and mostly found it overwhelming and the staff a little intimidating, but this time around it was probably the best make up counter experience I've ever had.


I've been testing this out and used it almost every day for the last two weeks, and at first wasn't sure how I felt about it. I've used it with both powder and liquid foundation, and applied it using fingers and a beauty blender. I've had the best results when teamed with liquid foundation (L'Oreal Infallible Matte) and applied with a beauty blender. This, however I am a little disappointed with as I've recently been moving to using powder foundations on an everyday basis and saving liquids for days requiring more coverage. 

The concealer is quite light in texture, certainly lighter than our beloved Collection one, but still offers good coverage for under eyes and blemishes. One of the main things that I love about this concealer is the amount of product that you get. 9ml for £17.50. When compared to NARS Creamy Concealer at £22 for 6ml, this seems like a total bargain! Of course, nothing beats the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer on affordability, but for a long lasting, good coverage concealer from MAC I think this is pretty good going.

I have no doubts that I'll be reverting back to my Collection favourite, but it's always good to shake things up and try something new, especially when you find something that works! 

Love, K. xInstagram | Twitter | Bloglovin | Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig