Thursday 22 May 2014

A little hair adventure ♥

Ok, so I might have had a slightly crazy few weeks for colouring my hair & I thought I'd share my little escapade with you.

I've coloured my hair darker at home since I was about 17 years old, but five weeks ago for the first time ever I decided to lighten my hair at home.. in a the kind of balayage-ombre that Gemsmaquillage featured in her video but since then, I've actually dyed it back to an even darker colour than when I started. Call me fickle, I won't disagree!

Here's a little chronological collection of photos depicting the process my hair has had to endure for the last few weeks...


Above is pretty much how my hair looked before colouring - quite a warm toned medium brown...


This is now my hair colour after one session of lightening (I used the l'Oreal preference 'les blondessimes' in shade 03 Lightest Ash Blonde), not a huge difference but some lighter streaks in the bottom. Overall, I was quite happy with the outcome, I just wanted more of it...


So, I coloured my hair again, but using the Jerome Russel BBlonde hair lightening kit in Maximum lift, this photo sort of shows how I applied it to my hair. I just sort of painted it on here and there wherever I wanted my hair to be lighter, focussing more of the product on the ends of my hair. 


Above shows the end results, after having used two lightening kits as well as the Bleach White Toner kit... however my hair still looks quite orange-toned (the photo has been put through a filter through instagram, as have all these photos..[I believe I used the filter 'Valencia' for all but photo #3]...but the colour was if anything more orange toned in person). I was happy with the overall effect, but not completely satisfied with the end colour


I actually quite like how my hair looks here after the colour fading a bit, but it was just over-all a lot more warm toned than I wanted it to be, and whenever I would catch my reflection when out and about I would just think 'AGH! Awful!' ...and so, I just had to reach for yet another box-dye kit from Boots!


I went back to a trusty old semi-permanent line that I've been using for about 5 years, the l'Oreal Casting Creme range and used the colour 415 Iced Cocoa. I've used this colour before almost a year ago and it's the colour I had for my graduation... I love it!

My poor hair has been put through a really tough time over the last few weeks, although I did leave a good few weeks recovery time between each bleaching session and the semi-permanent colour, and I've been doing lots of DIY hair masks with natural coconut oil. I'm happy that I tried out the DIY ombre as it was something I'd considered doing for a while, and now I've got that urge out of my system I'm happy to be back to dark brown!


Have you tried bleaching your hair, or ombre-ing your hair at home? I'd love to see any blogposts on your hair adventures too so share in the comments! Love xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig