Monday 3 February 2014

Beauty // MAC Stroke of Midnight

MAC Stroke of Midnight Eyes in Smoky





Well Put Together, Gaelic Gold, Retrospeck & Chillproof

Chillproof, Retrospeck, Gaelic Gold, Well Put Together & Carbon

I got this gorgeous limited edition MAC eyeshadow palette for Christmas and I tell you what - it's pretty darn fabulous! I already own a MAC eyeshadow quad of colours that I selected in store (See that post here) so I was really excited when I opened this very generous gift. 

The packaging is gorgeous and reminds me of art-deco-1920s-great-gatsby type design which I adore. Unfortunately I dropped it as soon as I opened it, and Well Put Together smashed...but I managed to fix it using rubbing alcohol. 

The quality of MAC eyeshadows is obviously very well known, and this palette is no different. It's perfect for a smoky eye or a daytime look and can be made more intense or dramatic with the darker colours.

Chillproof 
This is a highly pigmented white-silver shimmery eyeshadow which is perfect for highlighting the inner corner of the eye or for under the brow bone. It manages to avoid that dreaded 'frosty' look that can sometimes come with this type of eyeshadow. A little goes a long way with this for highlighting, so should last a long time. 

Retrospeck
For me, this colour is the winner of the palette, a beautiful pale shimmery neutral tone that has both gold and rose tones to it - perfect for an all-over-the-lid wash, or for incorporating into a smoky eye. This is one I will definitely be repurchasing as a single shadow.

Gaelic Gold
This colour is so pretty and looks, in my opinion, far prettier swatched or worn than it does in the pan. It adds a great warmth to what could be an otherwise quite cool toned palette and eye look. I feel that this one could possibly be interchangeable with All that glitters in terms of using it for a smoky eye look, but ATG is probably the all out winner.

Well Put Together
This is a really pretty grey colour with flecks of gold in it, and is lovely for a softer smoky look. The pay-off isn't great with this shade, but it is buildable. Works well if Carbon is used underneath to intensify. 

Carbon
An intense, dark grey matte colour which is a must have for a dramatic smoky eye. Again, not the best colour payoff but it is more pigmented than Well Put Together. 

I really love this palette, my only negative is that for the size of the packaging you don't get a huge amount of shadow - which is disappointing. However these limited edition palettes are a great way of adding something magical to your collection, and trying out 5 shades for a little less money than if you bought them individually. 

xox



What's your favourite MAC shadow?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig