Monday 13 October 2014

A Neutral Face



If you hadn't already guessed it, I'm a neutral make up fan. I love smokey browns on the eyes, subtle brows and nude lips. This post covers my current favourites for creating the perfect neutral face.

skin
My old faithfuls for my skin have been the Revlon Photoready Primer, the Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation, Maybelline Fit Me Concealer and the wonderful Rimmel Match Perfection Loose Powder. This combination leaves me with the perfect matte-velvet complexion that lasts all day. I've recently been reaching for the ELF Studio Blush in Twinkle Pink, as this blush has a few flecks of gold running through it and it's great for really brightening your skin for a youthful appearance. For my contouring, I use one of my all time Holy Grail items, the Sleek Contour Kit

eyes
Bold, beautiful eyes are a must-have for any make up look I do, and my love of bold eyes probably goes a long way to explaining my love of subtle, neutral lips. Recently, I have been favouring the beautiful Urban Decay Naked Palette. I have been through phases of loving all three but currently my make up is all about the original. Next on my eyes is the Chantecaille Faux Cils mascara, which gives beautiful fluttery eyelashes with zero clumps. I love the soft bristles of the wand on this mascara. I've also been wearing my trusty L'Oreal Super Liner, which somehow got left out of the photos above! 

brows
I've been reaching for the oh-so-easy to use Smashbox Brow Tech To Go pencil for my eyebrows recently, as this is such a fool proof quick fix, with the waxy pencil on one end and the clear setting gel in the other, it's the perfect all in one brow product. You can find my full review of the product here

lips
Recently I've been favouring the Freida lipstick from the original L'Oreal Collection Privee. This is a beautiful purple-toned nude lipstick with a bit of shimmer. I wear it lightly swiped across the lips straight from the bullet, and well blended in. You can find a more in-depth review of this, and two other shades from the collection here

scent
The Elie Saab perfume is one that I've loved for a long time, and I managed to get a cheeky purchase of it in duty free last month. It's a beautiful feminine scent, with notes of Orange Blossom and Jasmine. Heavenly. 

Thank you so much for reading, much love 
Kitty xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Designed by pipdig